Over the past few years the quality of the best 3D TV home theatre components has soared.We are all familiar with the RealD technology that is common in the movie theatres. These are passive, polarizing systems which require the viewer to wear disposable 3D glasses. With the advent of Dolby 3D and Shutter 3D and the availability of spectral comb filtering glasses, the three dimensional viewing experience has finally become truly immersive. One form or another of this incredible technology has now become a common, if not standard, feature on the best 3D TV models. Our hope is that this guide will help you identify exactly what to look for before choosing the best 3D TV for your entertainment needs.
3D TV Features And Considerations
- Display. As mentioned above, 3D TVs feature a couple different types of technology. In general, the active shutter technology will provide a higher-end viewing experience. This technology is more expensive and the glasses require batteries, but the experience is thought to be worth it. Remember, just as important as the 3D technology, the more standard features of your new TV’s display are worthy of consideration, too. The type of display, definition, contrast, and refresh rate are as important on a 3D television as they are on a standard TV.
- Features. The audio quality on any television is one of the key features that assure a truly enjoyable night in your home theatre. Make sure that you do not forego crystal clear sound in your hunt for the best 3D TV experience. Other features to look for are smart TV capabilities and connectivity. Make sure you have everything you need, and that it will work together, to create a seamless system for your 3D endeavor.
- Accessories. Any stereoscopic system requires the use of specialized glasses to achieve the best results. Check, and double check, that your purchase comes with the necessary glasses for viewing. If it does not, be entirely sure which glasses you need to buy. Again, do not lose sight of the fact that you are purchasing a television and will need all the standard equipment which goes along with this type of investment. Cords, universal remote controls, applicable warranties, etc. are all critical to a fulfilling experience.
- Price. Many of the TVs that are listed above are quite expensive. And they are not even the most expensive sets available. Choose wisely as the setup that is right for you may not be the biggest, or the fanciest. Do your best to align what you need with what you want, and move forward from there.
Best 3D TV Top 10 Comparison Guide
Reviews of the Top Rated 3D TVs
New for this year, the Sony XBR65Z9D is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. Featuring a Quad-Ultra High Definition LED display the XBR65Z9D is one of the brightest and sharpest televisions that you will find. The Backlight Master Drive affords phenomenal contrast and the TV’s upscaling technology makes everything you watch look like it was shot in 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR). Sony has also included fantastic compatibility features like Google integration, voice search, AndroidTV, and full home-automation functionality. And this is to say nothing about the active 3D super-resolution. It even comes with 2 pairs of 3D glasses.
The next best 3D TV on our list comes from another of the industry giants. The LG Electronics 65EG9600 features an Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display for some of the richest blacks and the most intense colors on the spectrum. OLED technology also allows LG to construct one of the slimmest and lightest TVs available. The curved, Ultra High Definition (UHD) display facilitates one of the best (and widest-angle) viewing experiences you can have. Harman/Kardon designed sound and passive 3D technology complete the package. This TV also comes with two pairs of 3D glasses.
Another titan, Samsung, offers the UN55JS9000 which shares many features with the LG mentioned above. A curved, 4K UHD display provides excellent brightness and contrast for an amazing cinematic experience at home. Nearly comparable to LG’s OLED displays, Samsung’s SUHD monitors feature similar refresh rates and ten-bit color technology. Coupled with HDR capabilities to maintain life-like imaging and high-quality viewing, Samsung swings for the fences with this one. Active 3D technology does overshadow LG’s passive stereoscopic 3D presentation, but Samsung only includes a single pair of glasses.
The Sony XBR75X940C features a 4K UHD screen, Triluminos® Display, and X-tended Dynamic Range PRO technology to produce one of the most visually stimulating in-home cinematic experiences available. Active 3D super-resolution makes you feel like you are in the action and Sony’s ClearAudio+ allows you to make your listening experience as life-like as your viewing. Marketed as the world’s first High-Resolution Audio TV you can easily hear the music, dialogue, and sound effects clearly and distinctly. This winning combination makes the Sony 3D TV a great option.
The LG Electronics Corporation steals the last slot on our list with the 65UF8600. Its In-Plane Switching (IPS) display and TruMotion 240Hz technology provide the viewer with an unparalleled refresh rate for excellent live-action presentation and lag-free imaging. LG also offers ColorPrime, nano-spectrum technology, allowing for true to life color saturation and superb contrast. With passive 3D stereoscopic technology and two pairs of passive 3D glasses this behemoth is sure to please even the most particular consumer. Also included in the package is LG’s microphone-equipped LG Magic Remote.
* Many of the best 3D TV models offered up for your consideration come in a variety of sizes, all featuring the same impressive array of capabilities and compatibilities as the link provided.
(Visited 287 times, 1 visits today)