There are several good reasons to upgrade your TV set. Maybe it’s simply getting too old, maybe the brightness has gone dim, or maybe you just want to go with a larger size. Regardless of the reason, purchasing the best 46-inch TV is a great option to consider. The best 46-inch TV models fall into the category of not too big, yet large enough to provide a great viewing experience for the average size living room.
Finding the best 46-inch TV isn’t always the easiest of tasks. Unlike in the past, choosing a TV nowadays is a complicated process. Many different features are available and many of the best 46-inch TV models come with significant differences in picture quality that can really affect the viewing experience. Fortunately, we did all of the research for you and are excited to present you with the top rated best 46-inch TV sets currently available today.
Top 6 Best 46-Inch TV Comparison Guide
*TVs reviewed range from 46” – 49” as manufactures have moved away from the 46” TV size
Finding the Best 46-Inch TV
Treating yourself to the best 46-inch TV allows you to really upgrade your entertainment area with just one purchase. A 46-inch TV is large enough to be considered a big screen TV, while still small enough to fit perfectly in any living room. However, most of the best 46-inch TV sets come with tons of features, making it difficult to find the best 46-inch TV if you don’t know what to look for. Below are some of the aspects that you will want to consider before purchasing the best 46-inch TV for your specific needs. Take a look at these various features and consider which ones you will need in order to really make the most out of your viewing experience.
- Refresh Rate. The refresh rate is what determines motion blur. This is important if you tend to watch lots of action movies or sporting events. It’s also important if you plan on gaming a lot. The lower the refresh rate, the better.
- Resolution. The resolution of the best 46-inch TV will determine how amazing your picture quality looks. Resolution is determined by the amount of pixels on your screen, so the more pixels you have, the better your image will look.
- 3D Compatible. Many newer 46-inch TVs come with 3D compatible technologies. This basically allows you to watch movies in 3D. However, not everyone likes the experience, so you should test out a 3D TV before purchasing one to be sure that you aren’t paying extra for something you may never use.
- Smart Features. Smart features really enhance the user experience. If you’re looking for a way to really make the most out of your TV, you’ll want the ability to connect to the internet and use apps such as Netflix and Hulu. These are only available with Smart TVs.
- Inputs. Making sure your new 46-inch TV has enough inputs to hook up all of your favourite devices is crucial. Some TVs have a smaller price tag, but also allow you to hook up fewer devices. Make sure the TV you want has enough HDMI inputs and USB inputs for you to hook up everything you need for a pleasurable viewing experience.
Top 3 Best 46-Inch TV Reviews
At the top of our list is the TCL 48FS3750 48-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV, which provides an amazing viewing experience. This TV comes with a 1080p resolution for amazing HD viewing experiences. The 120Hz Clear Motion Index technology gets rid of motion blur so you can feel like everything is really happening right in front of you. This TV uses LCD technology and provides a great picture quality.
This TV stands out from the rest thanks to it’s smart functionality. Instantly enjoy endless entertainment thanks to the built-in Roku TV Streaming Platform. The 3 HDMI inputs make it easy for you to connect external devices to achieve similar results as well. For instance, you can hook up a Wi-Fi compatible Blu-Ray player to use apps like Netflix and Crave TV. If you’re looking for a great TV at an affordable price range, you will love using the TCL 48FS3750 48-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV.
Another excellent option to consider is the Samsung UN49KS8000 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV. This TV provides a bright and clear image that will leave you in awe every time you watch TV. This model uses Quantum Dot Color Drive to provide an ultra lifelike picture while firing off a billion (yes, 1 BILLION) more colors than other HD TVs on the market.
This new TV also comes equipped with smart features. Samsung goes one step further to simplify things by having one remote that allows you to switch from regular TV to streaming at the touch of a button. If you’re looking for an amazing 46-inch HD TV and can spare a couple more inches for the 49 inch version, you’ll love the Samsung UN49KS8000 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV.
The Sony KDL48W650D 48-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV is another great option to choose from when it comes to buying a great TV in the 46-inch range. This TV uses LED technology for a bright image quality that really pops. The 1080p resolution allows you to enjoy high quality HD movies at their best. Included accessories are a plus as well with a mini plug video adapter, remote control, batteries, AC power adapter, and AC power cord.
As an internet TV, you will be able to connect to a Wi-Fi connection and enjoy the best streaming apps such as Netflix, Hulu, and Crave TV. If you’re looking for one of the best and most high quality TV sets that’s loaded with cool perks, you will definitely want to consider the Sony KDL48W650D 48-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV.