Getting your hands on a big screen TV is one of the best ways to treat yourself. We all love kicking back and watching the game or even a movie on a large TV screen and if you have enough space to fit a large screen, you might as well get one. While the best 50-inch TV might seem quite expensive, there are a ton great TVs in the same size that are much more affordable.
Finding the best TV isn’t always easy. Today, TVs come equipped with all sorts of different technologies, gadgets and features. If you aren’t a TV expert, you may find yourself overwhelmed with the amount of features to compare. Fortunately, we have narrowed down the choice so you can quickly and easily find the best 50 inch TV for your home.
Top 10 Best 50-Inch TV Comparison Guide
Choosing the Best 50-Inch TV
When it comes time to find the best 50-inch TV for your home, you will want to make sure that you’re purchasing a high quality technology. There are three major types of televisions on the market; LED, LCD and Plasma. While all three of these technologies have some different to offer, you will should be able to commit to just one of these technologies. Let’s take a look at the main differences between the three types of television technologies.
- LED. This is the newest technology of the three and has pretty much taken LCD TVs out of the market. LED is the brightest technology available and delivers an outstanding picture quality. They are incredibly thin televisions and they are also very lightweight. Simply put, LED TVs are the exact same thing as LCD TVs, but instead of using CCFLs as the light source, they use LED lights.
- LCD. LCD TVs used to be huge when they were first introduced to the market. However, the newer LED TVs have taken over and replaced them. LCD TVs use CCFLs as a light source, whereas LED TVs use LED lights, which are much brighter and require less energy. You will very rarely find LCD TVs being sold anymore.
- Plasma. Plasma televisions are very different from LED and LCD TVs. Arguably, they provide the best picture quality because they provide darker and deeper blacks. However, this truly comes down to personal taste. Plasmas are falling behind in the industry because they aren’t yet offering competition to 4K projectors and TVs.
LED TVs are by far the best option currently available on the market. While some people will occasionally choose a plasma TV over an LED one, it’s far less common than the opposite. Most people will prefer an affordable LED TV packed with better features and a higher resolution than a larger sized plasma. Overall, LED televisions use less energy, provide higher resolutions, provide better built-in features and are incredibly bright. With many very affordable options available to choose from, there’s no reason why you should settle for anything less.
Things to Consider for the Best 50-Inch TV
- Smart Features. Smart features let you use your TV as an internet browser and you can use apps such as Netflix.
- Inputs. Make sure that the TV has enough inputs to plug in all of your devices, such as HDMI, USB, Audio inputs and more.
- Curved. Curved TVs are rather new, but they offer the very best viewing angles available to date. If you’re looking for the best viewing angles, you’ll love a curved TV.
Top 5 Best 50-Inch TV Reviews
At the top of our list is the LG Electronics 50LF6000 50-Inch 1080p LED TV, which provides amazing picture quality at a very affordable price range. While this TV does not offer any smart features, you get a lot of screen and a 1080p resolution, allowing you to enjoy high definition movies and shows.
Made from LED technology, this TV delivers a bright picture that really stands out. The 120MHz refresh rate provides smooth images even with lots of on-screen movement. With 2 HDMI inputs, a USB input and many other inputs, this TV makes it easy for you to hook up all of your devices. If you’re looking for a basic TV with amazing image quality, you will love the LG Electronics 50LF6000 50-Inch 1080p LED TV.
Another great option to consider when choosing the best 50-inch TV is the Samsung UN50JU7500 Curved 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV. This TV provides you with ultra HD 4K resolutions, allowing you to get the best resolutions available. With 3D capabilities, you will also be able to enjoy watching movies in 3D. This TV is curved, which is the biggest trend these days and provides better immersion and viewing angles.
With smart functionalities, this TV makes it possible for you browse online and use apps like Netflix and Crave TV. If you’re looking for an amazing picture quality with tons of cool features, you will definitely want to consider the Samsung UN50JU7500 Curved 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV.
The Samsung UN50J5000 50-Inch 1080p LED TV is another amazing option to consider when shopping for the best 50-inch TV. This television does not have any smart functionalities, but it does provide you with 2 HDMI inputs and a USB input, which makes it possible for you to plug in external devices (smart DVD player) to benefit from the same features.
This TV delivers 1080p, which makes it easy for you to enjoy high definition movies and television shows at their best. Made from LED technology, this TV is incredibly bright and beautiful. If you’re looking for an affordable and still best 50-inch TV with great image quality, you’ll love the Samsung UN50J5000 50-Inch 1080p LED TV.
The Sony KDL50W800C 50-Inch 1080p 3D Smart LED TV is another 3D capable 50-inch TV that provides you with great functions at a very affordable price range. This TV delivers 1080p resolutions and provides amazingly bright images due to the LED technology. This television comes with 4 HDMI inputs and 2 USB inputs.
The smart functionalities allow you to use this TV to access apps such as Skype, Netflix and more. You can also use this TV to browse the internet or social media networks such as Facebook & Twitter. If you’re looking for an affordable smart TV with 3D capabilities, you’ll definitely want to look into the Sony KDL50W800C 50-Inch 1080p 3D Smart LED TV.
Last but not least is the VIZIO E50-C1 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV. This best 50-inch TV delivers 1080p resolutions, allowing you to enjoy HD media at its best. Made from LED technology, this television is incredibly bright. This TV comes with 3 HDMI inputs as well as a USB input, allowing you to easily connect all of your devices.
This TV provides smart functionalities and built-in Wi-Fi so you can easily use apps and browse the internet. If you’re looking for a very affordable TV with smart functionalities and great image quality, you will love the VIZIO E50-C1 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV.
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)