If you plan on upgrading your family room setup, chances are you’re going to start buy purchasing a new TV. In this day, we all love to go big and the best 55-inch TV has become the most desirable size when it comes to owning a big screen TV. However, if you want the best 55-inch TV available, you can’t just walk into an electronics store and buy the first 55-inch TV you find. Many different aspects come into play and will affect your buying decision.
With so many different types of TVs on the market, it’s often an overwhelming decision to make. There are many things to consider such as the type of technology, the size of the room you will be placing it in, connectivity features and more. Fortunately, we have built a list of the top rated and best 55-inch TV sets on the market so you can quickly compare features and find the TV that’s perfect for your needs.
Important TV Features And Functionality
When shopping for the best 55-inch TV, you will have to consider many different factors. The overall quality of the television set is affected by many different things such as monitor type, amount of pixels and even the brand. Nowadays, TVs also come with a ton of built-in features that allow you to make the most out of your TV. If you’re looking for the best 55-inch TV you can afford, you will definitely want to know what you’re looking for.
Since most people aren’t TV experts, we normally can’t tell the difference on paper between a cheap 55-inch TV and an incredibly expensive one. However, the difference is there and it’s important to know what to look for. Here are some things to consider before purchasing a new TV.
- Type. Plasma, LCD and LED are the three main types of TVs currently available on the market. Plasma TVs have deeper dark’s, but are less bright than their competitors and they also have frozen image issues. LED TVs are the hottest trend these days because they are incredibly bright and slim. LCD TVs offer the worst picture quality out of the three; they are gradually disappearing from the market. Your best bet is to go with an LED TV if you want the best quality available.
- Resolution. The higher the resolution, the better. The resolution basically determines how many pixels are on your screen, so the more pixels you have, the more detailed the picture will be. The most common resolution for 55-inch TVs is 1080p, but Ultra HD has recently been introduced, which is 2160p. It’s not recommended to go any lower than 1080p.
- Placement. It’s important to know where you’re going to be placing your TV before purchasing it. Since LED TVs are incredibly slim and flat, most of them come with wall mountable backs. However, if you want to do so, you should always double check to be sure that the TV you’re buying has a wall mountable design.
- Features. Additional features are found in most LED TVs and these extra perks can really make a huge difference. One of the most common features is Wi-Fi enabled TVs, which allow you to go on Internet wirelessly and use services like Netflix without having to use additional devices.
- Connectivity. Being able to hook up all of your favorite devices is crucial. Make sure that there are enough HDMI ports and any other ports that you may need in order to hook up all of your devices.
Best 55-Inch TV Top 10 Comparison Guide
Reviews of the Top Rated 55-Inch TVs
At the top of our list is the Samsung UN55JS9000 Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV. This best 55-inch TV has a curved screen, which provides a better viewing angle. The 4K screen uses ultra HD technology to bring you the best possible resolution currently available on the market. This TV also has 3D TV technology, which allows you to watch movies in 3D right on your television set.
As a smart TV, you can connect wirelessly to a Wi-Fi network in order to use apps such as Crave TV, Netflix, Facebook and much more. If you’re looking for an impressive TV with amazing picture quality and great perks, you’ll love the Samsung UN55JS9000 Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV.
The LG Electronics 55LF6100 55-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV is another great option when searching for a more affordable 55-inch TV. While this TV is less expensive than most, it still offers excellent features such as Smart features and a 1080p resolution. This TV used LED technology and is incredibly bright.
With 3 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports, you will easily be able to enjoy all of your favorite media on this TV set. This TV can either be placed on the feet or mounted on a wall. If you’re looking for a great LED TV that’s available at a lower cost than most, you’ll love what the LG Electronics 55LF6100 55-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV has to offer.
Another amazing option to consider when shopping for a quality best 55-inch TV is the Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX850 55-Inch 1080p 3D LED Internet TV. This TV is displayed in 1080p, which is the standard for high definition. Made using LED technology, this TV is incredibly bright and offers an impressive picture quality.
As an internet TV, you can connect to a wireless Wi-Fi network and use apps such as Netflix. This television set also has 3D technology, allowing you to watch 3D movies and shows. The frameless design is a true beauty and makes this TV stand out. If you’re looking for a great 55-inch TV with 3D capabilities, you’ll certainly want to consider the Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX850 55-Inch 1080p 3D LED Internet TV.
The Panasonic TC-L55WT60 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz Smart 3D IPS LED HDTV is another great option to choose from. This TV brings you a 1080p resolution for crisp and crystal clear picture quality. This TV also has 3D technology, allowing you to enjoy 3D movies and shows without any issues. A built-in camera makes this TV unique by allowing you to video chat with your loved ones and friends.
The ability to connect to a wireless internet network is what makes it possible for you to use apps such as Facebook, Skype and Netflix. This TV also has other cool features such as voice interaction, voice guidance and facial recognition. If you’re looking for a 55-inch TV with unique features, you’ll love the Panasonic TC-L55WT60 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz Smart 3D IPS LED HDTV.
Last but not least is the Samsung UN55J6300 55-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV, which offers an amazing image quality. Using a 1080p resolution, this TV delivers an incredibly bright and detailed picture. This TV uses LED technology and has built-in Wi-Fi technology so you can easily connect to your favorite apps such as Skype, Netflix, Crave TV and more.
With 4 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports, you will easily be able to enjoy all of your devices and media. This TV comes with a TV stand or it can easily be mounted onto a wall. If you’re looking for a great 55-inch TV, you should look into the Samsung UN55J6300 55-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV.
(Visited 1,180 times, 1 visits today)