Using the best AV receiver is a great way to ensure a quality home theater experience. AV receivers help to make audio/video systems function seamlessly and smoothly. Forget having to keep track of numerous universal remotes. The best AV receiver should simplify and organize ALL of your electronic components.
There are a lot of AV receivers to choose from. Many of them claim to be the best, making it confusing. This is why we are helping you with our new guide of the best AV receiver of 2017. We compared the most important features, such as connection options, compatibility, number of channels, watts per channel (WPC), special features, and price. Then we narrowed our research to find the 8 best AV receivers to make your decision easy.
Top 8 Best AV Receiver Comparison Guide
Choosing the Best AV Receiver
These are a few considerations to keep in mind while shopping for the best AV receiver:
- Connection Options. Consider which devices you plan to hook up to your AV receiver. Make sure the AV receiver you choose has the connection options you need (HMDI, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth). Many modern AV receivers can also stream music directly from sources such as Spotify and Pandora.
- Compatibility. The best AV receiver won’t do you much good if it isn’t compatible with your existing audio and visual equipment. For example, if you have a 4K projector, you will need a 4K compatible AV receiver to complement it.
- Number of Channels. Generally speaking, the more channels your AV receiver has, the better off you are in terms of versatility. If you want to be able to utilize multiple home theater speakers, you’ll need multiple channels to connect them to.
- Watts per Channel (WPC). If you want mind blowing dynamic sound from your speakers, you’ll want to keep a close eye on the WPC of your AV receiver. Make sure that the AV receiver you select can handle your speaker setup.
- Price. When it comes to the best AV receivers, more expensive does not necessarily mean better quality. In fact, several of our best AV receiver top picks include the latest technology features while still being reasonably priced.
Top 3 Best AV Receiver Reviews
Yamaha is a well-known brand in the industry because of its association with top notch musical instruments and audio equipment. It’s no surprise that our top pick is the Yamaha RX-V679BL. This best AV receiver has top of the line technology for both audio and video components, with the ability to transmit 4K Ultra resolution picture and compatibility with multiple audio formats including DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby True HD. By using its MusicCast capabilities, you can wirelessly stream music to multiple rooms or you can use its 2 zone “party mode” that allows you to play audio to a 2-channel speaker system in one room while utilizing the main 5-channel system in another room. Your party guests will not miss a beat when they get up for a drink or a snack.
The reflected sound control can measure the acoustics of a room, and the AV receiver will optimize speaker output accordingly. The best part of all is the budget friendly price. You can have an enviable audio/video setup for under $500. We feel this is a steal considering the receiver’s flexibility.
This best AV receiver from Denon has a lot of versatility. With wireless capabilities via Bluetooth and WiFi, compatibility with Dolby Atmos and DTS audio, as well as the ability to handle 4K Ultra HD video, this model can handle virtually any home movie theater or surround sound speaker setup.
You can wirelessly stream music to multiple rooms via the pre-programmed internet radio stations, or through Pandora, Sirius, Airplay, and more. Each amp channel is rated at 80 WPC, and getting the AV receiver set up is a breeze. However, although this model offers similar features to the top choice, the price is a bit steeper and the WPC is a bit lower. For some, it may not necessarily be the better value even with the high quality and easy set up.
The price and features are both spot-on with this AV receiver from Sony. It can transmit picture perfect visuals with its 4K Ultra pass-through and upscaling technology. It also transmits flawless audio at 165 WPC.
This beset AV receiver can be used as a multi-room audio hub or as a base for a home theater, or both. With 8 input channels and Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities, your setup options are almost endless. Listen to your favorite music or watch the shows you love with included Google Cast, Spotify, and Airplay. Or, connect another device via USB. Although this model isn’t the newest, it is compatible with the latest technology, and that’s why it still gets a spot on our short list of the best AV receivers.
(Visited 284 times, 2 visits today)