Parents and childcare professionals know that having a sick baby in your care can be alarming. A fever can ebb or spike with very little warning, and a high fever can be very serious. When a mere tenth of a degree can mean the difference between a case of the sniffles and serious illness, it is imperative to be able to take your baby’s temperature quickly and easily. This is why it is crucial to have the best baby thermometer on hand so you can monitor your child’s body temperature and trust that you are getting an accurate reading.
- Ease of use. You need a thermometer that is easy to use day or night. Modern thermometers often have many buttons and settings that can be handy. They can also be frustrating when you are trying to get your baby’s temperature while they are sleeping. The best baby thermometer should be simple in its design and usage.
- Accuracy. A thermometer’s accuracy is critical. A thermometer with all the bells and whistles is utterly useless if you cannot count on the accuracy of the reading. Choose the best baby thermometer that is known for giving dependable readings, time after time.
- Memory capabilities. Many of the best baby thermometers now feature memory capabilities. You no longer have to scratch your head wondering if your baby’s temperature is up or down from the last reading. Memory settings are great to have for a tired or sleep deprived parent who is up and down all night taking their baby’s temperature. Thermometers with memory capabilities allow the user to touch a button and see the last temperature taken so one can more easily monitor the health of the baby.
- Method of Use. Touchless thermometers are great for use with babies that are fussy or may have an ear infection which could make using an ear thermometer painful and difficult. Armpit thermometers are generally more budget friendly than their high-tech counterparts. Armband style thermometers allow for around the clock temperature monitoring without having to do anything more complex than putting on a bracelet. Choose the best baby thermometer with a usage method works best for your needs.
- Price. Always try to get the best value when choosing a thermometer. Some very expensive models offer nothing more in terms of features or accuracy than their mid-priced competitors. Some bargain priced models are perfectly sufficient for basic temperature taking needs. Pick a thermometer that fits your budget.
Best Baby Thermometer Top 10 Comparison Guide
Reviews of the Top Rated Baby Thermometers
This thermometer gets the top pick as the best baby thermometer thanks to its combination of ease-of-use and advanced features. While not quite as inexpensive as old fashioned oral and rectal thermometers, this model offers a lot more to its users than an analog thermometer can. The three color LED readout allows you to easily know whether your baby has a fever or whether your baby is on the mend. Red means a high fever, yellow means a higher than normal body temperature that should be monitored closely, and green means all is well. It is also equipped with three different modes including body temperature, room temperature, and surface temperature. This baby thermometer can also be used to test bottle temperatures when feeding your baby.
The best thing about this thermometer is that it is touchless. All you need to do is hold the thermometer an inch away from your baby’s forehead to get an accurate temperature reading. This feature is perfect for those times when you are concerned about a fever, but do not want to wake your sleeping baby.
This thermometer yields fast and accurate results whether using the ear mode or the forehead mode. This model is frequently used by pediatricians and children’s hospitals because of its reliability and ease of use. Unlike some other digital thermometers, the price is not outlandishly expensive. You can get a trustworthy body temperature reading without having to break open the piggy bank.
One drawback to this model is the lack of a silent mode meaning that the thermometer will beep loudly once the reading is complete. This may be off putting for parents that want to take readings while their baby is sound asleep.
This best baby thermometer is also very easy to use. It also features memory storage for up to 20 temperatures. This means you can compare your baby’s current temperature with the last several readings so you can always know whether the fever is getting better or worse.
Some frustrated parents already know that many digital thermometers require a reset period in between readings. This causes the need to have to wait for up to a minute to get multiple temperature readings. The Innovo Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer allows for multiple readings to be captured one right after the other. The ergonomic design of the thermometer’s casing makes it as comfortable to use as it is easy.
Here we have another thermometer that offers memory storage. This model allows the user to view the last 20 temperature readings taken with it. Easily switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature outputs. Also, you can use the thermometer to test bottle temperatures and room temperature. A temperature reading is obtained by placing the probe between the child’s eyebrows or inside the child’s ear and pressing a button for one second.
The LED on the thermometer’s screen will light up either green or red to indicate a fever warning making it intuitive and easy to use. The infrared technology makes it a top choice for parents who want medical grade accuracy in the shortest amount of time possible.
Price conscious parents will love this thermometer. It offers trustworthy results without any sticker shock. This thermometer has a flexible and soft design allowing you to easily and comfortably take your baby’s temperature using any of three methods including orally, rectally, and under-the-arm.
This thermometer does take longer than its more expensive infrared peers at 10 seconds per reading. This best baby thermometer is hands down the best choice for parents who want accuracy they can depend on for the lowest price possible.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)