As a car gets older, it loses that “new car smell” and it begins to absorb the odors that we bring into it with our daily lives. There are a variety of products on the market that promise to renew that just bought smell in your car or replace it with another more alluring scent. Whether you prefer a subtle, sweet perfume to greet you as you start your engine (and your day), or you simply want to deodorize the space that shares your gym bag or your kids’ well ripened sports gear, you’ll want to have your pick of the best car air fresheners to choose from.
Luckily, we’ve put together a guide to help you do just that, so you can make an informed decision and buy the best est car air fresheners for you and your car.
Things to Remember Before You Buy
When shopping for the best car air freshener for your car, you will want to keep a few things in mind before making your final decision.
- Scented vs. Unscented Options. Some people love to open their car door and immediately breathe in the scents of their favorite foods, flowers, or perfumes. Others prefer unscented options, such as odor absorbers and all natural deodorizers. Determine which group you fit into and shop accordingly.
- Strength of Scent. Do you like a subtle scent? Or, do you like a bold one? While some people prefer just a hint of vanilla wafting through the car, others need something a bit more consistently noticeable.
- Lasting Effects. A cheap buy isn’t much of a bargain if it doesn’t even last the day. Scrutinize product reviews carefully. The best car air fresheners are time tested and have long lasting effects so they don’t need to be changed out as often.
- Method of Delivery. For many, air fresheners for cars brings up memories of little trees hanging from rearview mirrors. There are now many different types of car air fresheners available, including tins that nestle in a cup holder, tiny canisters that clip to an air vent, and odor absorbing bags that can be stashed out of sight under a car seat cover.
- Price. Even the best car air fresheners are, for the most part, budget friendly. Still, price matters with any purchase, so look for the best deal you can get. Consider buying multi packs or bundles to save money on per unit prices if you plan to make a car air freshener a normal part of your driving routine.
Top 10 Best Car Air Fresheners Comparison Guide
Reviews of the Top Rated Car Air Fresheners
If you can’t get enough of the smell of cherry blossoms in the spring, this little car air freshener is the one you want. It hits all the high notes at the right price. It is compact and easy to hang in an out of the way place. it exudes a bold cherry scent that isn’t overpowering or fake smelling. And, the scent is ultra-long lasting meaning you will only need to change it out every 3 months.
This is one of the best car air fresheners that is unique in that it works similarly to household reed diffusers. The cap on the miniature perfume bottle is made of super absorbent beech wood. This cap then soaks up the scented liquid and allows the sweet smell of cherries to waft through your car steadily. This constant but measured release of scent gives this freshener a leg up on other types of fresheners that work only when the AC or heat is on, or that give off a big scent for a little while and then quickly become useless.
Perhaps the best thing about this mini bottle air freshener is the lack of mystery chemicals. You can freshen up your vehicle without having to worry about creating a health risk, as the fragrance inside the bottle is essential oils. Zero debatable solvents being used to boost the scent.
For those who like the smell of a fresh, juicy peach and the classic style of a rear view hanging air freshener, this is a winner. To be clear, this is not a little cardboard tree. There is a bright rising sun design on this pennant shaped air freshener, so it will bring a big pop of color along with its bold fragrance. Of course, it’s not only for fans of Japanese automobiles, as it has the scent of a ripe Georgia peach.
The smell is pleasantly noticeable without being too fake or candy like. While it may not last as long as a vent clip air freshener or a diffuser, it is priced such that replacing it once per month is still very affordable.
Do you like a luxurious scent that brings up memories of fancy holidays spent out on your luxury yacht? If yes, then this is your air freshener. It comes in a convenient pack of 24 so you can make your favorite smell last all season long! This highly rated car air freshener is in the traditional style of paperboard like material that hangs over the rear view mirror, but it has a twist.
It’s stand out color and unique shape set it apart from the tree style fresheners you can pick up at the gas station. Areon is a company that specializes in car air fresheners, and they have mastered the craft. If you crave the smell of a luxury yacht and all that comes along to brighten your mood as you enter your car, you can’t go wrong with this third pick from our top 10 list of the best car air fresheners.
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)