Every vehicle needs a battery. From a big diesel truck to a little two stroke dirt bike. If you want your car to perform well (or at all) you will need to have a good car battery. Purchasing a cheap car battery may seem economical. However, when that cheap car battery leaves you stranded on the highway you will be kicking yourself for not going with a higher end battery. Don’t get stuck needing a jump or end up stranded because your car battery couldn’t take the heat. Use this guide for the best car batteries as an aid while you weigh your options before making your purchase decision.
Top 8 Best Car Batteries Comparison Guide
Best Car Batteries: What to Keep in Mind
- Compatibility. It may seem obvious, but you need to make sure the battery fits your car before purchasing it. Do your due diligence regarding which battery brands and types will fit your car’s make, model, and year.
- Brand. If you are just buying a backup battery for your car’s speaker system, brand may not matter as much. But, for a car battery that supplies power to the car itself, you may want to think about which brands you trust before buying. At the very least do the needed research before going with a brand you’ve never heard of before.
- Usage. Not everyone needs a high powered and high priced car battery. And, not everyone in the market for one of the best car batteries intends to use it for a car. Maybe you just want a car battery to power your party equipment or powered speakers? Or, maybe to make your camping trip less primitive?
- Life. You don’t want a battery that functions well for only a week and then dies on you. Look at the wattage and amps of the battery you are thinking about buying. Bear in mind that higher amps may perform better, but higher watts last longer.
- Price. With the best car batteries, higher price doesn’t always equate to longer battery life or improved functionality. You can find an affordable and reliable battery if your budget is tight. Some of the best car batteries can be purchased for well under $100.
Top 3 Best Car Batteries Reviews
This battery is powerful enough to ignite your engine and works phenomenally as a backup battery for running high performance electrical components that are inside your car. This included top of the line sound systems and auxiliary input stations. It features a leak proof design that enables you to install it within the cabin of your vehicle without fear of toxic contaminants. This design also comes in handy if you are using it to power 6.5 car speakers or auxiliary components. The price isn’t too extravagant considering the performance you get. This battery can last for up to 400 or more charge cycles, making it worth the extra buck or two.
This heavy hitter is a long lived, clean operating powerhouse made by a manufacturer whose name has become synonymous with high performance machinery. This battery features clean operating AGM technology that makes for mess free and hazard free operation. This best car battery can recharge faster than your average 12-volt battery and last up to twice as long. Many batteries drain and lose power in heavy traffic due to the strain on a car’s electrical system that can take place when you’re driving in stop-and-go traffic. This Bosch model has been designed to withstand the strain and resist the drain. It can stand up to temperature extremes as well. Desert dwellers and people who live in snowy climates alike can count on good performance from this battery, year after year. The only real drawback to this battery is its price. It’s high quality and outstanding performance does come at a higher cost than its competitors.
This battery is fairly priced and is perfect for use in vehicles that have an alternator and are used for daily commuting. While this model won’t stand up to drag racing and may not be the best pick for cars with a lot of aftermarket electronics installed, it does do the trick for the average consumer driving a stock car to and from place to place at a normal rate of speed. While people with tricked out racing vehicles or who have high performance sound systems and aftermarket DVD players may want something with a bit more gusto, the average driver can benefit from the cost effectiveness and workmanlike performance of this Optima battery. If you just need to start your commuter car, truck, or bike and keep it running, this battery can do the job without draining. All at a price that won’t completely drain your wallet.