Speakers come equipped as a standard feature in all cars, but for music and tone enthusiasts, those stock speakers aren’t quite good enough. If you’re looking for a mind-blowing audio system, you’re going to want to invest some money towards some of the best component speakers. Unlike coaxial speakers, component speakers keep the woofers and tweeters separate. This allows for each component to function at its full potential.
Buying the best component speakers for your car will make a huge impact on the resulting sound. However, shopping for component speakers is incredibly complicated; many different factors come into play. The surround material, the wattage and many other factors will have an impact on the tone. Fortunately, we have made the process much easier for you by providing you with the top rated and best component speakers available on the market.
Top 10 Best Component Speakers Comparison Guide
How to Find the Best Component Speakers
If you want a killer sound in your car, buying good component speakers is a must. However, finding the best component speakers is quite difficult when you don’t know what to look for. The best component speakers are different than traditional coaxial speakers because the tweeters and woofers are separate. The wattage comes into play ,the materials used affect the tone, the housing plays a major role and many other aspects will have their own effects on the resulting tone.
Fortunately, we have done all of the research for you. Here are a few things that you’ll want to watch out for when purchasing the best component speakers for your car.
- Watts. The amount of watts is highly important. This determines how loud you can set the speakers. The higher the wattage, the higher volume you will be able to attain without hearing any interference noise.
- Bundles. When purchasing component speakers, you should really try to buy them in sets of two. You’ll want a component speaker on either side of your car in order to achieve a unison and fantastic sound.
- Rubber Surround. Getting a pair of component speakers with rubber surround is important in order to cancel out vibrations and interference. Most high quality component speakers come with rubber surround.
- Vented Housing. A vented housing allows for speakers to increase in efficiency and provide a much before overall tone. These speakers are also normally much better at outputting low frequency tones such as bass.
- Size. Not all cars have the exact same speaker sizes. While most cars house the standard 6.5-inch component speaker size, some cars may house different sizes. It’s important to verify with your car’s manual in order to know exactly what size fits before making a purchase.
- External Amp. While most speakers can easily work with stock car amps, you may want to consider getting an external amp. With an external amp, you will be able to push your speakers to their full potential and really get an impressive amount of power out of them.
Top 3 Best Component Speakers Reviews
At the top of our list is the Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6-3/4″ component speaker system, which delivers an amazing amount of tone in a high quality construction. These speakers pack 540 total watts of powering, providing you with an amazing sound that you can turn up way high without any loss of quality. While the price is a little steeper than others, these speakers provide a quality tone that is truly worth the investment.
This 2-way component speaker system has a rubber speaker surround, which eliminates vibrations and provides a smooth sound every time. If you’re looking for a simple way to boost the sound in your car and experience quality audio, you will love the Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6-3/4″ component speaker system.
Another amazing option to choose from when shopping for quality car audio systems is the Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System. These component speakers have vented housing and an electronic tweeter protection circuit. With 300 watts of total power, you will easily be able to crank up your tunes and benefit from a clear tone every time.
This speaker system has a butyl rubber surround along with composite dome tweeters. Backed by a one year parts and labor warranty, you won’t have a thing to worry about. If you’re looking for an affordable set of high quality component speakers, you will definitely want to consider the Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System.
Finally, there is the Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps 6.5-Inch Performance Series Component Speaker System that provides an amazing tone quality at an affordable price range. With 280 watts of peak input power, these speakers will allow you to listen to your music as loud as you like without having to deal with interference or noise. These speakers also come equipped with a 1” swivel dome tweeter for amazing highs.
These best component speakers have an advanced crossover network as well as an injected polypropylene cone with diamond array pattern. These Kenwood speakers are absolutely amazing and provide crystal clear tones even at higher volumes. If you’re looking for affordable component speakers that sound amazing, you’ll want to look into the Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps 6.5-Inch Performance Series Component Speaker System.