DJ speakers may be the most essential piece of equipment for a DJ. Whether you DJ as a hobby or as your full time job, having the best DJ speakers is hugely important. There are a lot of various shapes and sizes of DJ Speakers to choose from. Picking the best one can get confusing. This is why we are helping you with our new 2017 guide of the best DJ speakers.
We compared the most important features such as watts, housing, active vs passive, size, metal corners, and price. Then we narrowed our research to find the 10 best speakers for any DJ to make your purchasing decision easy.
Best DJ Speakers Top 10 Comparison Guide
Things to Remember When Shopping for DJ Speakers
As a DJ, your goal is to provide the most amazing sound possible to your audience. This can only be achieved with the help of the best DJ speakers available today. Remember, not all DJ speakers are created equal and not all DJ speakers are perfect for every DJ. For instance, if you plan on playing for large crowds, you will need much larger DJ speakers than if you plan on playing for just a few dozen listeners.
Here are a few things to consider when buying the best DJ speakers:
- Watts. When choosing quality DJ speakers, you will want to compare wattage. As your audience grows, so should your speaker size. Watts determine how loud the volume will go without experiencing static interference.
- Housing. The speaker housing should be a good quality material in order to achieve a great sound. The most common material used for the housing is wood, MDF or a hard plastic.
- Active vs Passive. When purchasing DJ speakers, you will have to choose between active or passive speakers. The main difference is that active speakers have built-in amplifiers and passive speakers require power from an external source.
- Size. The weight and size of DJ speakers is another important aspect to consider. You will most likely be carrying your equipment around from one gig to another, so don’t buy larger DJ speakers than you actually need.
- Metal Corners. The corners of your DJ speakers will often get banged around. This can really damage the speakers, especially if the they are made from wood. With metal reinforced corners, you won’t have to worry about a thing. If you plan on transporting your speakers, you should opt for the best DJ speakers with metal corners.
Reviews of the Top Rated Speakers for DJs
At the top of our list are the Seismic Audio Pair of Dual 15″ PA DJ SPEAKERS 1400 Watts PRO AUDIO speakers. These powerful DJ speakers pack a lot of punch with their 1400 watts of power. Each speaker comes with dual 15” woofers, providing amazing deep tones that allows any DJ to drop the bass with style. These popular DJ speakers also come equipped with a 1.5” titanium driver and a tweeter with a 10oz magnet and a 1” throat.
Recessed handles make transportation from one gig to another incredibly easy. These DJ speakers also come equipped with metal corners and a metal grill, allowing them to remain in great condition regardless of frequent transportation. If you’re looking for a high quality pair of DJ speakers, you’ll definitely want to consider the Seismic Audio Pair of Dual 15″ PA DJ SPEAKERS 1400 Watts PRO AUDIO speakers.
Another amazing option to consider when shopping for the best DJ speakers is the Seismic Audio Pair of 15″ PA DJ Speakers 700 Watts PRO Audio speakers. These quality DJ speakers provide you with 700 watts of power, which is perfect for medium size audiences such as weddings or even for playing in nightclubs. The speakers each come with a 15” woofer equipped with a 50oz magnet and a 2.5” Kapton voice coil.
These Best DJ speakers each have a 1.5” titanium driver tweeter with a 10oz magnet. They come with stand mount holes, allowing you to place them on standard PA speaker stand mounts. These passive speakers weigh in at just over 50lbs each and have handles to make transportation easier. If you’re looking for slightly smaller DJ speakers with great sound quality and power, you’ll love the Seismic Audio Pair of 15″ PA DJ Speakers 700 Watts PRO Audio speakers.
Last but not least is the VM Audio 4-Way Dual 10″ DJ Loud Speakers. With 800 watts of power, you will easily be able to play for large audiences. Each speaker comes with a 10” woofer and a 2-way high efficiency horn tweeter. These high quality DJ speakers pack a lot of punch for their size. They also come with cables and tripod poles which just ads to the already awesome value.
Transportation is easy due to their smaller size and useful handles. Plus, with metal reinforced corners and a metal grill, you won’t have to worry about these DJ speakers getting damaged during transportation. If you’re looking for powerful DJ speakers that are the perfect size, you’ll definitely want to look into the VM Audio 4-Way Dual 10″ DJ Loud Speakers.
(Visited 572 times, 1 visits today)