Take your oral hygiene to the next level with the best electric rechargeable toothbrush. Electric rechargeable toothbrushes use thousands of pulses per second to gently remove plaque, bacteria, and stains from your teeth. Some of the best electric rechargeable toothbrushes even use advanced technology to remove germs from below the gum line for an even deeper clean.
There are a lot of electric rechargeable toothbrushes to choose from. It can get confusing. This is why we are helping you with our new guide of the best electric rechargeable toothbrush of 2017. We compared the most important features, such as timers, brushing modes, pressure sensors, battery, maintenance, and price. Then we narrowed our research to find the 10 best electric rechargeable toothbrushes to make your decision easy.
10 Best Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Comparison Guide
Best Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Import Features
- Timers. Never worry if you brushed too much or too little again with this handy feature. The best electric rechargeable toothbrush will give you a gentle reminder when it’s time to stop brushing. Timers also let you know when it’s time to switch quadrants so you don’t miss a spot.
- Brushing Modes. Some electric toothbrushes have multiple brushing modes. These modes can include targeting gum health, teeth whitening, and more. The best electric rechargeable toothbrush should have plenty of options to cater to your changing needs.
- Pressure Sensors. Brushing too hard actually cleans less efficiently and can even damage your teeth. Get a gentle visual or tactile reminder when you push too hard with the best electric rechargeable toothbrush.
- Battery Life. Expect between 1 to 3 weeks of battery life from the best electric rechargeable toothbrush. More importantly, however, is how easily an electric toothbrush charges. Most electric toothbrushes use charging docks, but some are able to plug into the wall or even your laptop directly.
- Maintenance. Even the best electric rechargeable toothbrush can harbor dangerous bacteria without regular cleaning. Cleaning your electric toothbrush should be as easy as removing the head and rinsing between the two pieces. Poorly designed electric toothbrushes have space between buttons or are otherwise unsealed, making them difficult to clean.
- Price. The best electric rechargeable toothbrush will typically cost less than $200. More expensive electric toothbrushes have extra features and tend to clean better and use more advanced sonic technology. That said, budget electric toothbrushes are still a much better alternative to manual brushing.
Top 3 Best Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Reviews
Standing alone as the very best electric rechargeable toothbrush, the Sonic Care Diamond Clean is the ultimate in oral hygiene. This remarkable electric toothbrush features 5 distinct brushing modes to help you reach your oral health goals. These include deep cleaning, whitening, and sensitive modes that leave you with a dentist clean feeling. Three professional grade brush heads are also included, making it easier to find your perfect fit.
Both a brush timer and quadpacer give you a buzz alert when it’s time to move on. This protects your teeth from unnecessary wear and tear. Things really get interesting when it’s time to charge your Sonicare Diamond Clean. Although the battery lasts up to 3 weeks on a single charge, recharging the toothbrush is a breeze. The toothbrush comes with a charging dock and a glass cup. Simply place the cup on the charging dock and store your electric toothbrush in the cup. The toothbrush charges within the cup, ready for use again later in the day. No need to plug your Sonicare Diamond Clean in to charge it, though there is the option to charge via micro USB as well.
One common complaint with electric rechargeable toothbrushes is that they’re difficult to travel with. The Sonicare Diamond Clean has you covered with a protective carrying case. This case keeps your toothbrush clean and ready when you’re on the go. For all the reasons we have stated and so much more, this is the best electric rechargeable toothbrush available today. If you can survive the sticker shock, make this your first choice.
The Oral-B Pro 6000 comes in a close second to our first-place selection. This best electric rechargeable toothbrush promises to clean around your gum line 300% better than manual brushing alone. That makes this electric toothbrush an excellent choice for those concerned with gum health. Of the 5 different brushing modes, there’s one dedicated specifically to the gums. You’ll see gum health improvement in just a few weeks when using the Oral-B Pro 6000.
Tech lovers will adore this toothbrush’s more futuristic features, as well. For starters, the Oral-B Pro 6000 has Bluetooth connectivity. When paired with the Oral-B smartphone app, you can get real-time updates regarding your oral health. You’ll receive personalized brushing plans and encouragement that take your brushing routine to the next level.
To protect your teeth, this toothbrush also features a timer, quadpacer, and pressure sensor. An illuminated ring around the brush head alerts you when you’re pushing too hard. This is a nice visual alternative to electric toothbrushes that stop or buzz when you exceed pressure limits. Get the Oral-B Pro 6000 for an incredibly modern electric toothbrush that uses the latest cleaning technology.
Philips and Oral-B may be the biggest names in the business, but they’re not the only ones who can make one of the best electric rechargeable toothbrush models. Dr. Jim Ellis set out to design a simple electric toothbrush with powerful performance, succeeding with this awesome design.
This toothbrush uses 5 different cleaning speeds to make your mouth cleaner and healthier. The brush head oscillates over 40,000 times a second at the fastest speed, blasting plaque and bacteria from the deepest recesses of your mouth. Because of its simple brush head, this is a great choice for those with dental work or braces.
Like all the best electric rechargeable toothbrushes, this one uses a 2-minute brush timer and 30 second quadpacer. These features protect your teeth from over brushing. Even though this electric toothbrush is already quite affordable, it’s also covered by a 2-year warranty. With this choice, you have nothing to lose by giving it a try.