If you are like me and find yourself fully immersed in your career and are looking for the best laptop computer for your demanding career/lifestyle, it would behoove you to consider one of the best laptop for AutoCAD models available today. A workstation laptop differs from a standard business model notebook computer in a number of ways. Some of the higher end workstation models have even been dubbed ‘ultrabooks.’ These are specialized computer powerhouses designed to run engineering and drafting software at its fullest potential. Whether you run AutoCAD, DraftSight, VectorWorks, or any number of other software a powerful workstation is a must!
Top 10 Best Laptop for AutoCAD Comparison Guide
Best Laptop for AutoCAD: Things to Consider
- Processor. The processor speed is one of the most important considerations when purchasing the best laptop for AutoCAD, or any laptop for that matter. Intel dual (or quad) core central processing units set the standard in the industry, though AMD is certainly giving Intel a run for its money. The CPU is the heart of any machine and the wary consumer must be sure to get something that will handle all that they ask of it and more. Intel i7 CPUs are right at the top of the charts for computing power and versatility.
- Video Card. It takes a wary consumer to determine the best video card for their personal or business applications. Nvidia is one of the best and most popular video cards available, although once again AMD is giving them a run for their money with their new FirePro card. Consider your needs carefully as quality 3D rendering in AutoCAD requires advanced technology.
- RAM/Storage. It takes a lot of memory to run AutoCAD and similar engineering or drafting software. This is especially true if you tend to multitask and run many applications at once. 16GB RAM is fairly standard, though 32GB or even 64GB built-in RAM is not unheard of, and a quality machine will come fully ready for expansion. Also worthy of consideration is the internal storage capacity. Many of the best laptop for AutoCAD models will come with a SSD (Solid State Drive) which should be capable of high speed data transfer. These devices have slightly less overall capacity than the traditional hard drive but the performance is unparalleled.
- Size/Design. In this category we will briefly address the size, weight, display, and overall design. Many of these features come down to personal preference and the location in which you will be working. Size and weight depend on many factors: screen size, type of internal storage, accessories, etc.
- Price. Prices for the best laptop for AutoCAD can range from quite a bit. Your budget and hardware requirements will play a large role in determining which machine is right for you.
Top 5 Best Laptop for AutoCAD Reviews
At the top of charts is Dell’s Inspiron 15 7000. Featuring 1TB HHD hard drive with an 8GB embedded flash cache, 8GB RAM, and USB and HDMI ports, this moderately priced performance machine is well worth the investment. An NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5 graphics processor is sure to handle any visual rendering requirements and the 64 Bit processor is a speedy little bugger. A full HD monitor, a full-sized backlit keyboard, and a multi-touch touchpad competes the package for durability, performance, and flexibility. This machine is sure to please the aspiring graphic logo designer or the engineer looking for a new, higher powered laptop.
One of the most popular new ultrabooks on the market is the Lenovo P50. This advanced laptop computer is available in many different configurations where the RAM and internal storage capacities are concerned. Varying capacity SSD and HHD drives as well as different memory arrangements create a range of prices for the discerning end user. All models come equipped with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor and an NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2GB video card. This excellent equipment is surely one of the best laptop for AutoCAD models that will handle any application that you might require. USB, HDMI, Ethernet, and a 4-in-1 card reader are standard equipment on all packages. Also standard are a 15.6 inch full HD IPS monitor and a six-row, full sized, backlit keyboard. The keyboard is also spill resistant.
Another best laptop for AutoCAD model comes from Eluktronics. A fairly new company based in the US, this computer has been very well received and highly rated. As a larger machine it lacks that certain elegance that comes with a sleek and portable device, but it certainly makes up for this in terms of performance. It is a mobile workstation that behaves like a desktop station and is designed to handle any task with ease. An Intel Core i7-6700K Quad Core processor coupled with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 3D Graphics makes this perfect for the engineer on-the-go. The Eluktro Pro Performance 512GB SSD provides speed and reliability and a 1TB SATA drive provides all the additional storage you might need. Eluktronics even offers external optical drives (sold separately).
The MSI WT72 6QK-099US comes with the largest display on our list, but that’s not the only big feature in this package. A whopping 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive shares duty with a 128GB SSD for excellent transfer speeds. And the processor is no slouch either. The WT72 features an Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz and a NVIDIA Quadro M3000M 3D Graphic Card. MSI designed this platform based on their experience building gaming laptop machines to create a sleek and portable device with all the performance and reliability you might need. A full HD anti-glare IPS wide-angle monitor and a top-of-the-line DVD drive afford tremendous rendering speed and digital review. A great choice for any CAD professional requiring power and speed.
The newest offering from HP, the Omen Pro Workstation pulls the number five spot on this list. This is a super slim multi-touch device that offers power, portability, and dependability on the go. The 512GB Z Turbo Drive M.2 PCIe SSD provides seamless access to your data files and due to the PCI connection, it is even quicker that a SATA connected SSD. The 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core processor makes full use of this reliability and speed and if you need more power the system can be overclocked to run at 3.7GHz. Sharp imaging is provided by the NVIDIA Quadro K1100M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 RAM allowing for fast and clear rendering while using your AutoCAD software. The 64 bit operating system will have no trouble running multiple complex processes leaving the user able to complete plenty of work in a timely fashion. A good price and great hardware make this one of the best laptop for AutoCAD models available today.