When your job requires you to be able to write code while on the go, you need to find a laptop that is able to keep up with you. If your career calls for long hours of programming, and especially if you travel frequently for work, you’re going to want to give careful consideration to the tools you use to get the job done. We feel that finding the best laptop for programming may be the solution.
Top 10 Best Laptop for Programming Comparison Guide
Best Laptop for Programming: Things to Consider
ith all the options available, choosing the best laptop can be a challenge. While every person has their own unique preferences and needs, there are a few key features that are universal when choosing the best laptop for programming.
Important things to consider:
- Screen. Ask yourself what you want and need in terms of the laptop’s monitor. Do you want a touchscreen to make sifting through lines of code easier? Do you want a big, sharp display to avoid the pain of eye strain when you’re going on your 12th hour of programming? Maybe you’d be willing to sacrifice some screen size for the sake of easier portability. Whatever the case, the screen of a laptop matters so pick the screen that best suits your needs.
- Keyboard. Every programmer’s worst nightmare is taking an awesome, state-of-the-art, brand-new laptop out of the box only to discover that the keyboard is clunky. Do you prefer a traditional keyboard or a backlit keyboard? What about ergonomic keyboard features? A programmer’s keyboard is crucial for his or her livelihood, so be sure to scrutinize the keyboards of your potential future programming laptop to make sure that they are compatible with your own needs.
- Weight. A laptop is designed to be carried around so you can use it anytime, anywhere. Because of this, weight is a key factor to consider when purchasing one. Don’t overlook the weight of the machine when making your purchase.
- RAM. You will want to have enough memory to write, test, and run your programs. All too often, people focus on processor speed while ignoring the amount of RAM that comes stock with their chosen laptop. While lesser amounts of RAM may be sufficient for what you intend to use the machine for, you may not be working as efficiently as you could be if you’d opted for the bigger dose of RAM.
- Battery. Battery life matters in a world where you can’t always find an outlet but you have to get some work done. The best laptop for programming will have a reliable battery that doesn’t take forever to get a full charge.
Top 3 Best Laptop for Programming Reviews
The Dell Inspiron 15.6″ HD Display High Performance Laptop takes top spot on the list because of its blend of programmer-friendly features. With a budget-friendly price tag and a 500GB hard drive, this laptop can get the job done without leaving a burning hole in your wallet. The included battery is superb, with up to 8 hours of life per full charge. While 4GB of RAM doesn’t pack the same punch as some of the gaming laptops out there, it’s a worthy sacrifice for the price and performance you get with this machine thanks to its Intel Quad-Core Processor.
It also boasts an integrated memory-card reader that is compatible with multiple memory card types and Bluetooth capability, so you can easily transfer files to and from colleagues while in a meeting. The 15.6” monitor means you don’t have to squint to discern between lines of code, nor will you have to clear off a picnic table to set up your work space. It weighs less than 4.5 pounds, so taking your work with you won’t feel like arm day at the gym. The Dell Inspiron High Performance Laptop is the perfect mixture of performance, portability and affordability.
This laptop takes the RAM up a notch to 6GB, and is the perfect machine for people who want the convenience of touchscreen capabilities while working. Although the screen size is the same as its non-touchscreen counterpart, this laptop does weigh in a bit more at 5 pounds. The usual battery life on is also less impressive at 6 hours per full charge. However, for fans of touchscreen machines, this is the ideal laptop. Even with the lower battery life and higher weight, you still get the benefits of more RAM and an Intel Core i3 Dual-Core Processor.
The Dell Inspiron 5000 Pro Series 15.6″ High Definition Touchscreen Laptop has a 500GB hard drive, which isn’t bad considering the price. Plus, it also features a built-in memory card reader, so you won’t have to stash all your work on the HDD. This machine doesn’t have Bluetooth technology, but it does have three USB ports and even an Ethernet port for a secure hardwired connection.
The third laptop on the list has a lot more RAM (16G) and twice the hard disk space of the top two picks. It also has a price tag that reflects it, making it somewhat less of a bargain than the Dell machines. The battery life is decent at 5 expected hours of performance per full charge, but it is markedly less than the expected 8-hour charge of the number one laptop on the list.
The thin profile of the NEW Signature Edition Lenovo 15.6″ High Performance Programming Laptop makes it superior in terms of portability and workspace versatility, despite being fairly heavy at more than 5 pounds. This best laptop for programming has HDMI and VGA ports, so if you need multiple screens to work with your code more efficiently, this laptop will make the perfect workstation.
(Visited 125 times, 1 visits today)