As TV antennas are becoming a thing of the past, it can be surprising to some that they are still necessary in many households. For those who live a relative distance away from broadcasters, having one of the best long range TV antennas is a must.
Some homeowners are reluctant to see the benefits of using a long range TV antenna from memories of the grainy picture quality of past models. With over the air digital reception, this is all a relic of the past. To help you pick up all of those channels for lower costs and even those out of town channels that you cannot receive, we have constructed a list of the best long range TV antennas on the market.
Things to Consider
- Where Is the Nearest Digital Television Transmitter? Go to a site such as AntennaPoint.com and fill in your information to find your closest transmitter and mark the distance. The best long range TV antennas should work for 50+ miles away.
- UHF or VHF? These stand for broadcasting bands. Many of the best long range TV antennas that we have included in our list provide both but you need to check the digital channels in your area. Usually they are broadcast on UHF, but it helps to make sure you are getting the right digital TV antenna.
- Uni-Directional or Multi-directional. In some locations all stations are broadcast in one area but for more rural locations it is necessary to point your antenna in many directions. You can use directional compass headings from sites online to show where the channels are located. There are plenty of sites that explain how to do this from your property using a compass. If the channels are broadcasting within 20° of each other then you will only need a uni-directional long range TV antenna.
Top 6 Best Long Range TV Antennas Comparison Guide
Setting up a Long Range TV Antenna
Before you order your long range TV antenna, it is best to make some decisions on where you will be placing it. While being only a few miles from a broadcaster means being able to use a simple indoor antenna, as distance increases the location of the antenna becomes very important.
Here are some things to remember when placing your long range TV antenna.
- Outdoors. The most ideal placing is outside and as high as possible. Check if the long range TV antenna that you are buying is suitable to be considered an outdoor TV antenna.
- Multi-Directional. You will need to consider the placement of multi-directional TV antennas more carefully as they have a weaker signal in all directions than uni-directional models. You also need to ensure that there are no obstacles for the signal in every direction.
- Consider More Than You Can See. Even with the best long range TV antennas it is important to remember that obstacles may exist between you and the broadcaster. Search online or go and view the area yourself and understand the terrain before you invest, as even the best long range TV antennas cannot pick up signals if it cannot ‘see’ the broadcasting location.
Reviews of the Top Rated Long Range TV Antennas
If you want to increase your TV antenna range as well as maintain the quality of the picture, the ClearStream 2V long range antenna is an excellent choice. The range of this long range antenna really does make a difference in the amount of service you can get to your TV. Even in less than perfect conditions, this model delivers on all of the promises made in the instructions and features.
Using this model also means not having something totally unsightly in or on your home. This design is more artistic and seemingly more effective than the classic two antennas used for increasing range in the past.
Whether there are trees blocking your signal or you live in an area that has more precipitation than normal, the 8 Element Bowtie will be able to get you better service to your TV with a stronger signal than you have ever had. The range of this TV antenna is really the most attractive feature. Though it is sold as being able to reach up to 70 miles, there are occasions when the reach has extended even further.
If you are not picking up channels or they are not coming in clearly then this model is definitely worth the price. Just avoiding the frustration and having long range TV antenna that you can trust is really what makes it worth it.
Xtreme Signal HDB91X Long Range HDTV Antenna does exactly what it says it will do. This best long range TV antenna increases the range of your TV service as well as the clarity and quality of the channels that you get. This model is well constructed and even looks better than others. When this TV antenna is exposed to the elements or the birds or really any disruption, it still performs.
The low cost of this top rated long range TV antenna paired with the effectiveness make it a great option for any homeowner. At the low price there is literally no risk, especially when it has proven to work reliably.
(Visited 6,201 times, 1 visits today)