No motorcycle is complete without a great set of motorcycle speakers. There are a lot of motorcycle speakers to choose from that all claim to be the best. And, its confusing. This is why we have put together our new 2017 guide of the best motorcycle speakers.
We compared the most important features and considerations and then we narrowed our research to find the 10 Best Best Motorcycle Speakers to make your buying decision easy.
Choosing the Best Motorcycle Speakers
- Type of Speakers. First decide whether you want motorcycle helmet speakers, motorcycle Bluetooth speakers, or motorcycle handlebar speakers. This is a personal choice and completely up to you. But, keep in mind that handlebar speakers are the most popular choice for bikers.
- Wattage. The higher the wattage, the more volume you get. If you mostly just cruise around town, then a lower wattage motorcycle speaker should be fine. However, if you use your motorcycle on highways where it is noisier, then you will need a higher wattage motorcycle speaker to fully enjoy your music.
- Additional Features. Many of the best motorcycle speakers offer handy additional features. Do you want thumb controls for convenient access while driving? This is a great feature to help you avoid any distractions while driving. Bluetooth enabled motorcycle speakers will help you avoid cluttered wiring during installation. How about a fully compatible docking station to sync up your phone, tablet, or MP3 player?
- Input Source. You can either buy motorcycle speakers that have a singe DIN head unit for their input source, or choose ones that use a portable device such as a phone (with motorcycle phone mount) or an MP3 player for input. In most cases, motorcycle speakers and their head unit input source are sold together.
- Waterproof or Water Resistant. Finally, if you choose water resistant speakers, they will be able to stand up against some light rain. But, if you drive through wet weather conditions or leave your bike exposed outdoors, then you should go for waterproof.
Top 10 Best Motorcycle Speakers Comparison Guide
Top 3 Best Motorcycle Speakers Reviews
These motorcycle speakers, along with their rave reviews, are high quality speakers that come ready with mirror brackets for easy installation. They are 100% waterproof and are considered marine speakers which means they will even work when immersed in a swimming pool!
The speakers are 300 watts each which promises great volume even while driving at very high speeds or in noisy conditions. They can work with any amplifier that comes with an RCS connection. The dimensions are only 4 x 3 inches, which make them ideal even for smaller motorbikes. The texture of the product is rich chrome, which makes them nice to look at as well.
While these motorcycle speakers are very affordable, they have great options for your audio input and come with a handy user’s manual so you should have no difficulty installing them.
Buyers of this model found it extremely easy to install and, above all, they completely enjoy the sound it gives. Riders and passengers can both hear the audio clearly regardless of the driving conditions.
This model of motorcycle speakers is another excellent choice, and it is fully waterproof. The 3-inch chrome speakers come with adjustable stainless steel brackets. The manufacturer’s product details that the wattage on this one can reach a maximum of 600 watts so it works perfectly under all sorts of noisy riding conditions. This motorcycle speaker also comes with a waterproof volume control that is easy to use and saves you from distraction.
While this model received very high reviews and many people enjoyed it immensely, there are a few cons with the reviews. Some people experienced a blow out of the 10 amp fuse at only 120 Watts meaning it is not the best choice for high speed driving or noisy conditions.
This motorcycle speaker worked really nicely for us even after hours of listening time, with no heating whatsoever. If you buy this model, you need to take extra care during installation so that you have it all wired up right so it works perfectly from the start. Overall, these are quality motorcycle speakers with really good audio performance. We highly recommend the BOSS Audio MC420B.
At only 5 pounds and with dimensions of 4 x 4.5 x 4 inches, this little device is just perfect to fit on your handlebar and has great options for audio input. It is also waterproof. All of the components of the MC470B have been sealed and coated to protect them from rain and from the natural damage of elements.
This device also comes with Bluetooth support which means you can pair it up with headphones or even another stereo system. The music is very loud and clear and works well even in noisy surroundings.
Buyers found the sound was pretty loud and clear even at speeds of 70 to 75 mph. Most people also appreciated the Bluetooth support because it gave them access to their own music, hands free. However, some reviews stated that the wiring was all the same color which made installation a little bit tricky.
While most motorcycle riders are used to high amounts of noise while driving, having the best motorcycle speakers can mean a more enjoyable ride. Finally, if you don’t have a windscreen on your bike, consider buying one to enhance the audio of your new speakers.