Until recently, even the best pocket projectors were considered no more than a novelty gadget. This is because pocket projectors were not powerful enough for their true purpose of high quality projection. Fortunately, LED lamps have improved with time and now the best pocket projector models have become much more effective and popular.
If you are looking to purchase the best pocket projector on the market today, you have come to the right place. We have compared the most important features including portability, brightness, contrast, connection options, and audio. We then narrowed down our research to compile the 10 best pocket projector options to help make your decision an easy one.
Options to Consider
Note: Pocket projectors are also referred to as pico projectors and mini projectors. Don’t be thrown off if these terms comes up.
To find the best pocket projector, first ask yourself the following questions:
- How portable do I want it? Are you looking for the best palm top projector or the best pico projector? Pico projectors are mini and will fit in your pocket like a cellphone. Palm tops, although light in weight and small in size, are called pocket projectors metaphorically. Connectivity is also important as some of the best pocket projector models will let you read files directly from a USB memory stick.
- How bright should the lamp be? Pocket projectors have yet to provide the highest level of brightness. In other words, pocket projectors can never be too bright. Make sure to look for a high lumens rating.
- Is contrast a major factor? No, not at all. Because of the low brightness of even the best pocket projectors, contrast features do not really make a difference.
- How will I connect my new pocket projector? This is important to know before you buy one of the best pocket projectors because while most come with analog and composite connectors, some come with composite only.
- Does audio matter to you? If you want sound from your pocket projector without the need of external speakers, make sure your new pocket projector comes with audio capabilities.
Best Pocket Projector Top 10 Comparison Guide
Reviews of the Top Rated Pocket Projectors
Our top pick comes from a name that is well known in the mini projector world, and that is Philips. Their top notch quality and cutting edge technology can be found in this best pocket projector model. At first glance the price may seem on the higher end. But, it does not take long to see the premium quality projection that comes with this pocket projector. This pocket sized projector is small enough to literally fit into your pocket, while still being able to provide a big, clear picture when in use during presentations at work. You can even use this pocket projector for big display fun during movie nights at home.
With 55 lumens, your projected images will always be in view. And, at 854 x 480 pixel resolution, you can be sure the images and videos displayed will be crisp and clear, even when set to the max projection size of 150 inches. You can connect this pocket projector to virtually any device, including gaming consoles, thanks to its HDMI and USB ports. With easy built-in connectivity options, you can project video conference calls with ease, simply by connecting it with your phone, tablet, laptop, desktop or other mobile device. You will not have to worry about battery life either, as the USB connection will keep this awesome little pocket projector fully powered.
Our runner up pick also comes from Philips. And, while it doesn’t have the lumens or resolution of some of the other high quality pocket projectors on our list, we felt it deserved the second slot in the top 10 best pocket projector list because of its friendlier price tag and pocket friendly portable projector size and weight. You can connect this pocket projector wirelessly or by using one of the USB or HDMI slots. You can also opt to use the built-in speaker for audio, or connect it with external speakers of your own.
This highly reviewed pocket projector offers wireless projector screen mirroring with ease, or pop in your micro SD card to project your media at a size of up to 120 inches. The battery can last up to 2 hours, and is quickly brought back to full charge with the AC adapter that is included with purchase.
If you like the Philips HD projector performance and want the option of a big picture with 720p resolution, consider choosing this best pocket projector. While it isn’t quite as slim in profile or as budget friendly as the runner up pick, it does have the same 350 lumen lighting power and 150 inch image size capabilities. All this for less money than many of its competitors. You can pair it with MP3 players, digital cameras, camcorders, tablets, game consoles, smartphones and more via USB and HDMI ports.
The battery life is unmatched for a mini pocket projector of its kind lasting up to 3 hours on a full charge. While it doesn’t have WiFi connectivity or built-in Bluetooth technology, in our opinion the extended battery life and lower price point make this amazing pocket projector a worthwhile buy.
(Visited 4,125 times, 11 visits today)