Even the most cautious drivers can fall prey to a speed trap. Having one of the best radar detectors is a great way to avoid your next run in with the law and that subsequent hefty fine. Thanks to a number of different features and functions, a radar detector can prove to be a solid asset as you cruise the highway with ease of mind.
Top 10 Best Radar Detectors Comparison Guide
Best Radar Detectors: Features to Look for
- Laser Detection. Not all of the best radar detectors come with highly useful laser detectors as well. Often time, police officers use laser guns to check the speed at which you are driving. While conventional radar detector won’t pick up on this, a laser band detector will.
- Frequency Ranges. The best radar detectors will receive warnings using the three major frequencies: Ka-Band, K-Band, and X-Band.
- Type of Detector. There are three main types of radar detectors: corded, cordless, and remote mount. Corded detectors are typically placed onto your windshield by use of suction cups and give off the best detection range. Cordless detectors are easier to install and are great for people that switch vehicles often. Remote mount detectors are permanently installed into your vehicle.
- Voice Alerts. A radar detector with a digital voice alert system allows you the convenience of being alerted without having to put yourself in danger by taking your eyes off the road.
- GPS Technology. With GPS technology, the best radar detectors should be able to pick up radar positions more accurately, avoid false alerts, and mark specified speed trap areas.
Top 3 Best Radar Detectors Reviews
The Escort Passport S55 is currently one of the best radar detectors available due to its high performance ability. As far as functionality goes, the Escort Passport S55 was designed with all of the best features in mind. Containing both a radar and laser detector for X-band, K-band, and Super Wide Ka-band frequencies, you can be sure that you will be alerted the next time you come close to a speed trap.
The radar comes with a suction mount bracket so you can easily place it onto you windshield without it obstructing your view. Technology wise, the radar also features AutoSensitivity mode that picks up on speed traps from other radar sources and also the unique Traffic Signal rejection software that disregards interstate traffic sensors, making the device quiet and easy to use. Display options for the Escort Passport S55 includes Bar Graph, Expert Meter, and SpecDisplay.
When driving on the highway, the Escort Passport S55 offers drivers a Highway setting where the radar will be more sensitive to higher speeds as well as provide longer range frequency detection. Drivers will have a wide variety of radar functions to choose from with this incredibly popular detector.
As one of the oldest and most relied upon names in the radar detector market, the Valentine detector lives up to its reputation. Although the Valentine radar detector doesn’t come with laser detection, it makes up for it in so many more ways. For starters, the radar offers users 360-degree protection. This best radar detector comes with a distinctive two radar antenna design, allowing it to pick up band and radar strengths as well as the direction from where the signal is coming from.
With the Valentine One, you’ll be purchasing a radar detector that will last you a lifetime. The radar technology is constantly being updated as the police radar guns undergo changes. Picking up on all major frequencies, such as X, K, Ka, and Super Wideband Ka, you’ll be sure to always be alerted beforehand. Although the price tag may appear to be in the more expensive range, you can be sure that you’re paying for a radar detector that will never become outdated.
In fact, many of the original Valentine One detectors look exactly the same as the most recent models. You can also simply bring this radar detector to the manufacturer to get it updated at any time, although, software update charges may apply.
As a top ranking radar detector, the Escort Passport 9500IX offers users an easy to use interface with highly sensitive radar detection. With AutoLearn technology and a highly effective GPS, the Escort Passport 9500IX learns as you drive. The radar is able to determine a true threat from a false one and in turn provides you with long range protection.
In addition, the radar comes with a compatible mobile application that you can use to receive alerts on your phone as well as giving you access to upcoming speed traps posted by other drivers. This includes red light cameras, speed cameras at stoplights, and many other speed traps. When traveling at highway speeds, your Escort Passport 9500IX will automatically be on high alert for any possible radar threats. As your driving slows down, the radar also lowers its radar sensitivity.
If you do not want to be annoyed by noisy alert tones, you will be pleased to know that the Escort Passport 9500IX is equipped with Traffic Sensor Rejection, eliminating false alerts, and auto mute features. The suction cup mounting system allows you to easily place the radar onto your windshield and have it conveniently placed where you can access it without it obstructing your view.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)