Short throw projectors are perfect for showing presentations, watching movies, and gaming with friends all within small or limited space. The best short throw projector will allow you to project large images (up to 300 inches) onto flat surfaces while they only sit two to three feet from the screen. Ultra short throw projectors can sit even closer!
Short throw style projectors have become very popular and there are now a lot of options available on the market. Finding the best one for your specific needs can be a challenge. This is why we are helping you with our new guide of the best short throw projector of 2017. We compared the most important features including lumens, throw ratio, lighting source, size, and price. We then narrowed our research to find the 10 best short throw projectors to make your decision easy.
Things to Consider Before You Buy
- Lumens. This derivative of illumination is simply the brightness of the projected image. The higher the number, the brighter the image. The best short throw projector with a higher lumen rating allows images to be visible even while the room lights remain on or when it’s difficult to restrict daylight.
- Throw Ratio. This number is derived by dividing the width of the projected image by the distance that the projector sits from the screen. The smaller the number, the smaller the required distance between projector and screen. For example, if a short throw projector emits a 60 inch wide image while resting 30 inches from the screen, its throw ratio would be 0.50. The best short throw projectors can have a throw ratio as low as 0.38
- Lighting Source. Most short throw projectors still utilize the popular digital light processing (DLP) technology. This is better known as the light bulb. They, of course need replaced and tend to lose their brilliance over time. The other options here are either light emitting diodes (LED), lasers, or both. This solid state technology rarely needs to be replaced and the brightness level does not degrade over time.
Best Short Throw Projector Top 10 Comparison Guide
Benefits of Projectors That Are Short Throw
Of course, the primary and most obvious benefit is the ability to project, or throw, large images in small intimate spaces such as a conference room, classroom, den, or man cave. Some of the best benefits of using a short throw projector include:
- People will not walk between the projector and the screen Why not? Because they simply can’t fit. It’d be interesting to see someone attempting to slide between the projector and screen when they are only two feet apart.
- No more walking into tables after being blinded by your projector. Again, since you can’t physically fit between the projector and screen, this now becomes an impossibility.
- The elimination of fuzzy, out of focus images due to distance. You’ve been there, right? Attempting to enlarge an image by moving the projector back as you watch in horror as your chart becomes terribly distorted and misshapen. Short throw projectors solve this problem.
Reviews of the Top Rated Short Throw Projectors
This modestly priced and multi-use short throw projector is perfect for the classroom, various business settings, and home use. It boasts ViewSonic’s BrilliantColor technology and a 6 segment color wheel that produces vivid, sharp, and colorful images at close range.
Your sales charts, history notes, video clips, bar graphs and comparative tables will snap with clarity and precision with ViewSonic’s, and our, best short throw projector.
It can throw images as small as 30 inches and as large as 300 inches with no picture distortion.
Additional features that make this model so appealing are its 3000 lumens, which permits room lighting so that your colleagues or students can see what they’re writing as you present or teach and its filter-less design which gives you one less thing to replace over time. Simply stated, this short throw projector is a great combination of value and performance.
Don’t let the “gaming” tag create false limitations in your mind regarding this high powered and highly rated short throw projector. Yes, hardcore gamers will absolutely love this model, but so too will corporate types, teachers, and movie aficionados. This short throw projector is also considered a great home theater projector.
The GT1080 has the best throw ratio of the top three models. It arrives complete with an HDMI cable and carry case due to its excellent portability which makes it easy to carry from hotel to conference room or over to your friend’s home for a serious, late night gaming tournament.
The GT1080’s stunning 3D projector capability is yet another reason this model shines when compared to other, higher priced short throw projectors out there. Whether or not you enjoy your movies or video games in the third dimension, this quality short throw projector delivers.
The most affordable short throw projector to make the list is also quite versatile. Whether you’re looking to create a cozy home theater, create a presentation space in your office, or to upgrade your less than optimal gaming set up, this is the best short throw projector for you.
The color differentiation creates stunning and crystal clear videos, still images, and animations that you can enjoy shortly after removing this short throw projector from the box due to its quick setup capabilities. It’s also perfect for an outdoor projector screen for which to entertain family and friends on warm summer nights. Just hang a sheet or use an inflatable screen and you’re ready to go.
To sum up, if you’re constrained by both space and budget, this short throw projector confronts those constraints with both ease and superior talent.
(Visited 4,536 times, 1 visits today)