If you’ve recently been in the market for a new TV, you may have noticed that many of the best TVs are being classified as “smart”. These modern TVs marry the best features of your computer, mobile device, and traditional television to give your family ultimate convenience. Unlike traditional televisions, the best smart TVs allow users to use premium streaming services like Hulu and Netflix using its own built-in Wi-Fi. You can also install helpful widgets, as well as access social networks and media outlets like Pandora and Youtube. As more people switch from cable companies to these streaming services, the best smart TVs have also become more popular, and ability to connect to the internet has become an almost standard feature in new televisions.
Choosing the Best Smart TVs
- Price. Contrary to popular belief, smart capabilities do not necessarily mean an extravagantly priced television. Many are competitively priced against counterparts, with advanced features like open-browser internet access and voice recognition.
- User Interface. Perhaps the most important consideration when choosing the best smart TVs is the user interface. Some manufacturers have teamed up with Roku or Google to provide integrated, well-designed interfaces. Conversely, a poor interface could lead to frustration with slow or spotty performance. If the smart TV you want doesn’t have a recognizable interface, check reviews to see whether people had trouble navigating it. Good interfaces react and load quickly, and are easy to learn and use.
- Picture/Audio Quality. The best smart TVs should also feature excellent picture and audio quality, just like we expect from offline televisions. Of course, if you don’t desire the very best 4K picture or quickest refresh rate, smart TVs are available in a variety of resolutions and price points. Some of the best smart TVs also come with either passive or active 3D TV capabilities.
- Processor. Sometimes it’s not the fault of the interface, but rather the computer within the television. The best smart TVs have quad-core processors which can handle intensive applications. Lesser smart TVs will often have dual-core processors, and are recommended for lighter use.
- Mobile Features. Most of the best smart TVs also feature a mobile app which makes managing your viewing habits much easier. Smart remotes have also come a long way, with each new generation becoming easier to use with fewer buttons and more intuitive operation.
Top 10 Best Smart TVs Comparison Guide
Top 3 Best Smart TVs Reviews
If you expect only the best audio and video quality, and you demand next-generation software and connectivity options, look no further than the LG OLED B6P series. Enjoy true 4k, UHD resolution which conveniently supports Dolby Vision content, along with a premium sound system developed by Harman/Kardon. This premier television comes in either 55” or 65” sizes, and features a flat screen. You are sure to get the very fastest frame rate with HD content using the HDMI 2.0 connectivity.
The trusted and easy-to-use interface (webOS 3.0) means you won’t have to spend hours learning to use your new TV, and won’t suffer compatibility or speed issues with applications. It comes complete with all your favorites, including Hulu, Vudu, Netflix and more. Feel free to use a Fire Stick, Roku, or any other addition with this television.
Perhaps the most celebrated feature of the LG OLED B6P series is the color and contrast quality. Customers are thrilled with the rich color tones, infinite blacks, and the powerful contrast built between the two. LG claims this television will give you a viewing experience closer to the intention of directors and game developers, who use such light and color contrasts to create stronger moods and more stunning visuals. Everyone agrees that this TV is well worth the price, especially considering its potential to stand the test time with advanced hardware and software as well as excellent compatibility with other devices (Bluetooth, HDMI, USB, etc.).
The Samsung KU6500 represents the standard of the best smart TVs today. Not only is it priced affordably, it also features superb video quality and advanced features that would satisfy all but the most fanatic cinephile. Starting with crystal-clear 4K resolution and HDR capabilities, Samsung’s Purcolor also ensures you see only the most vibrant, true-to-life colors.
The KU6500 is a curved screen television. Depending on the room, this could be a good thing or a great thing. While light tends to create more reflection on curved screens, they also offer a more comprehensive viewing experience no matter where you are sitting. Now you can enjoy the same picture quality from the kitchen as you would while sitting on the couch. Impressively, this TV weighs less than 8lbs.
Smart Hub is the interface used in many of Samsung’s smart TVs. This interface has been praised for its speed and dependability, while the quad-core processor in this television will ensure your applications never slow performance. Customers also enjoy the mobile app, which makes it easy to share media between devices.
Not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend on a television, but luckily the best smart TVs can be found at all price points. Take, for example, the VIZIO E-Series C1, which is a fraction of the price of the other TVs on this list, but offers great features and high-quality performance nonetheless.
This television comes in wide variety of sizes, from a mere 24” to an impressive 55”. It supports 1080p HD resolution with an LED display. The interface is simpler than some of the competition, but that just means it’s easy to use. It supports most major media applications, including those for music media streaming like Pandora and Spotify. There are fewer connectivity options with the VIZIO E-Series C-1 than some other smart TVs, but rest assured that there are still HDMI and USB ports.
Sounds quality leaves a little to be desired with this series, but can easily be remedied with a sound bar upgrade. Some also complain that the remote control appears cheaply-made, so if you opt for this television, be sure to handle the universal remote with care.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)