Thanks to the development of tablets specifically designed for kids, you no longer have to give up your tablet, laptop, computer, or phone to give your child an opportunity to use technology as a part of his or her learning and entertainment. We have done the due diligence for this year’s best tablet for kids so you can be sure to give the child in your life a gift that will be useful and fun for years to come.
Top 10 Best Tablet for Kids Comparison Guide
|1. nabi Elev-8 Tablet||8”||$$$$||5.0|
|2. EPIK Learning Tab, Kids Touchscreen Tablet, KidSAFE Certified||7”||$$||5.0|
|3. Abyaby Kids Tablet, Dual Camera, Google Android||7”||$$||5.0|
|4. BabyPad Y1 Android 4.2 8GB eReader Tablet Gift for Kids w/ Holder||7”||$$||4.8|
|5. Fire Kids Edition Tablet, Wi-Fi, 16 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case||7”||$$||4.6|
|6. School Zone 08677 Little Scholar Educational Learning Tablet||8”||$$$||4.5|
|7. LeapFrog Epic Android-based Kids Tablet 16GB||7”||$$||4.5|
|8. Dragon Touch Y88X Kids Tablet HD Kids Edition Zoodles Pre-Installed Bundle With Pink Silicone Case||7”||$$||4.1|
|9. Ogima Kid Pad Android Tablet Touch Kids Tablet w/IWAWA Learning APP||7”||$||3.8|
|10. Contixo Kids Safe, 20+ Free Games, HD Edition w/ Kids-Place Parental Control, Kid-Proof Case||7”||$$||3.7|
Best Tablet for Kids: Features to Look for
- Screen. The last thing you want is to give a tablet to a child and have it cause strain on their eyes. A clear screen with sufficient definition to easily make out letters, numbers, and pictures is important for any tablet, especially for those being used by children. You don’t want to spend money on a device that your child has to squint to use.
- Security Features. In the era of the internet, you want your child to have access to the resources they needs to enrich his or her life. However, the internet is full of content that isn’t appropriate for young minds. Security features and content limitation for younger tablet users is important. The best tablet for kids may work by applying child-safety filters to existing internet content. Others only permit access to specific age-appropriate applications already existing on the device.
- Ergonomic Design. No one wants a child’s hands developing carpal tunnel syndrome due to tablet use. Luckily, most tablets made specifically for kids have small hands in mind and are designed to fit well into a child’s hands without causing any discomfort or potential injury.
- Durability. Kids drop stuff. Constantly. Therefore, you want a tablet that is able to withstand falling off the table and clattering onto the ground. A tablet that comes with a rubber or plastic case that can be used while the tablet is being operated is ideal for when accidents happen.
- Versatility. The best tablet for kids should be able to grow with a child. Young minds are like sponges, constantly absorbing information, and they need an expanding pool of resources available as they grow. Look for tablets that have a wide suggested age range and many options in terms of apps available for use on the device.
Top 3 Best Tablet for Kids Reviews
This tablet offers top-notch parental controls and security features without limiting the amount of enrichment and entertainment available to the child using it. While it is a bit pricy, you get a lot of value for your money. This best tablet for kids includes an eight-core processor ensuring optimal performance at all times, and the Blue Morpho OS allowing parents to set time and content limits with ease. The lightweight, sleek design and thin profile are ideal for little hands. The device comes equipped with educational yet fun apps that are appropriate for youths of elementary school, middle school, and even high school age.
The tablet can be used with or without the included bumper, which makes the device not only more durable but also more stable when placed flat on a surface. The 8-inch screen is large enough to be viewed with ease, yet small enough to avoid making the device unwieldy. This mix of features makes the nabi Elev-8 Tablet the best tablet for kids.
If you’re looking for a tablet that is a bit more budget-friendly but still has a lot to offer, this may be the right choice for you. With a rough-and-tough case that is built to stand up to less than gentle treatment, you can be sure that your money will not end up down the drain on the tablet’s first day of use! The EPIK Learning Tab has a quad-core processor and runs on the Android 5.1 operating system, making it powerful and up-to-date enough to fill any kid’s learning and entertainment needs.
This tablet also includes a dual-mode camera, so your budding photographer can get some practice taking snapshots of the world around them. With Wi-Fi capabilities and included Google Play app, this tablet offers an endless amount of variety and adaptability for learners of all ages.
The least expensive of the top 3 picks, the Abyaby 7inch Kids Tablet doesn’t sacrifice performance or features to boast its low price tag. This device allows for customizable parental controls over content and screen time allowing parents to feel at ease when they place the tablet into the hands of their kids. The rugged design of the tablet allows it to withstand quite a bit of abuse without breaking.
The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities make it easy for your child to download fun games and learning apps without difficulty. Play videos, listen to music, read ebooks and more as this tablet that is packed with enjoyment for everyone from preschoolers to young adults.