Have you ever had a nostalgic feeling for the old times and wanted to make yourself feel like Don Draper from Mad Men, listening to music while enjoying a cigar? Well, here’s your chance to make it happen with the best vintage speakers available for you!
There is, however, one thing to know about today’s vintage speakers: almost all of them don’t need speaker wires thanks to the Bluetooth feature, which might spoil your hardcore nostalgic feeling.
Shopping for vintage speakers, there are a few things to consider like whether or not they feature Bluetooth, the built-in battery life, whether you need them portable or not, and of course – the design. Because that’s what we are all after today, right?
We’ve compiled a list of the best vintage speakers available on the market today for you to finally get that Don Draper feeling while lighting up your cigar!
Best Vintage Speakers Comparison Guide
Things to Consider About Best Vintage Speakers
- First and foremost, wireless Bluetooth speakers would be a great option for you to consider buying, as they work with pretty much all smartphones – Android, iPhones, Windows Phone, BlackBerry – most Android tablets, all iPads and iPod Touch models. It must also be noted that the quality of all Bluetooth speakers has significantly improved over the recent years.
- Bluetooth speakers are equipped with rechargeable batteries, which means you can carry them from one place to another. It’s also crucial for how long the vintage speaker is going to be playing on a single charge, so pay attention to the number of hours of battery life each speaker offers.
- Portable or not portable? That depends how you are planning to use vintage speakers. If your intent is to take it somewhere with you, then opt for portable vintage speakers. If you are buying a vintage speaker to listen to it at home without having the need to carry it from one room to another, then it wouldn’t really matter if you bought portable or non-portable speakers.
- Design. Choose the vintage speakers that appeal to you the most. It might be vintage speakers with little of modern details, or vintage speakers without any indication of 21st century in its design.
- Another thing to note is that the quality of sound of vintage speakers is usually not lower than in the regular speakers. It’s the design that will remind you of the 20th century, not the quality of sound!
Top 3 Best Vintage Speakers Reviews
Go back to the Rock N Roll era with the Marshall Kilburn Portable Bluetooth Speaker! The speaker allows you to stream music from your smartphones, tablet or laptop with the help of Bluetooth.
It’s a portable and unrestrained active stereo speaker, which provides you with up to 20 hours of battery life. And 20 hours is a pretty good deal nowadays!
The design of the Kilburn has a classic Marshall feeling to it and a vintage-looking front fret. To complete the picture and make you go back in time, it features the iconic script logo and gold colored metal details.
The Kilburn weighs a little more than 6 pounds and allows you to adjust the controls according to your personal preferences with the help of analogue knobs.
And yet another Marshall in our chart of the best vintage speakers. With its Wireless 4.0 Bluetooth and 3.5mm inputs, the speaker allows for compatibility with all modern devices.
Another great thing about the Woburn is the fact that it features optical digital input for connection to digital devices such as Apple TV, Airport Express, streaming play, hard disk player, satellite or cable receiver.
Class D amplifiers’ a total of 90 watts RMS means clean and loud sound, while the classic vintage Marshall design means the speaker will look just as good and classy as it sounds!
The speaker is able to hit high trebles in a clean manner and easily handles low bass.
The Fluance SX6 combines Butterworth design for audio equalization, premium component speaker and bookshelf speaker configuration, all of which make it one of the best vintage speakers to consider buying.
Being designed for use as front main home theater surround speakers, the Fluance SX6 provides high-quality performance, natural sound and great reliability. High frequency response of the loudspeaker is provided by high-end Neodymium tweeters.
The only disadvantage of the Fluance SX6 is the fact that it doesn’t feature Bluetooth. Apart from that, it’s great.
(Visited 66 times, 1 visits today)