If you’re an avid cyclist, there’s no reason not to enjoy music while you enjoy a ride. Some of the best bicycle speakers these days can offer you so much more than just straight up music. Some bicycle speakers are wired while others are wireless. Some are battery powered while others are rechargeable. And, some come with an option to recharge your phone while you ride your bike.
The options, brands, and even features are many and varied. If you feel a little overwhelmed about choosing the best bicycle speakers for you, read this guide and you will be able to make a better decision at the end. We will tell you about what you need to look out for, what are the best bicycle speakers available for purchase online right now, and even give you reviews of the top three.
Best Bicycle Speakers: Things to Consider
Choosing the best bicycle speakers comes with the need to look into certain criteria. Before you jump into considering all there is for sale, look at the following things you may need to keep in mind when making your choice:
- Quality and Volume of Sound. The venues where you cycle have a lot to do with this part of the decision. How loud do you want your bicycle speakers to be? If you cycle through noisy traffic then you will need better volume. If you simply ride through quiet areas, then you don’t need too much.
- Case Size. The case size of your bicycle speaker is important because you want to make sure they will fit your smartphone or iPod. It’s always best to have a lighter more compact case that will fit your device. There is no need to use the case for storage at all.
- Battery Choice. Do you want rechargeable batteries or replaceable ones? This is a personal choice and they both have obvious pros and cons. If you go for the rechargeable, you have to remember to recharge them while not riding. If you go for the replaceable, you have to remember to always carry a spare pack on your ride.
- Mounting Options. You can go for the ones with Velcro straps or for the option with the adjustable mounts. Obviously the Velcro is less expensive but the Velcro may wear off with time. However, you can move them from one bike to another. The rigid mounts need to be installed and they stay fixed. They are much more durable but cannot be moved at will.
- Full Control. This gives you full control of song selection, volume, source of music, and even allows you to take a call.
- Volume Only Control. As the name implies, you can only control volume with this system.
- No Control. This is the type of system where you have to select your playlist and go. There is no safe control of the system while riding your bike. You will have to stop on the side in a safe place to make any adjustments.
Top 10 Best Bicycle Speakers Comparison Guide
Top 3 Best Bicycle Speakers Reviews
The Venstar wireless bicycle speaker comes with a solid mount option that installs directly onto your frame or handle and can also double as a bottle holder. The drive by wire system makes it easy to operate while in motion and fully operational via remote control. When Venstar says portable, they really mean it. This bicycle speaker can be unstrapped from your bike and placed anywhere you want. Its small size and light casing make it easily transportable.
In terms of sound, it comes with a 6w powerful speaker driver with passive radiator to give you real stereo sound. You can access your music from a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, handheld gaming console, portable DVD player and so much more. And, truly being one of the best bicycle speakers, it comes fully Bluetooth 4.0 capable.
This well-made speaker comes with a 1 year warranty. Chances are you will not need it thanks to its rugged tough and tested outer shell that is durable enough to survive the most extreme environments.
This speaker is great for bicycles and any other place you may need a speaker which you can use to plug in a device and get loud music. The battery on the Goal Zero recharges in about 4 hours but if you want to recharge it by solar power, it may take much longer depending on the weather conditions. It has a wooden sound box and this helps deliver a wide range of high quality sound. The size is nice and compact to fit on your bike or while backpacking.
Buyers of this model liked it because they knew what they were buying and got value for their money. However, as you can see from the specifications, it does not have controls, Bluetooth, and it is not wireless.
The SEASUM Bluetooth bicycle speaker is a wonderful little accessory for your bicycle. It packs a powerful punch for its size while producing high quality sound. It also gives you the flexibility to let you select your music from the FM radio channels or play MP3 formatted music.
It has a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts around eight to ten hours after every charge. The product comes with a USB charging cable, LIN Cable, LED bike light, LED installation for bicycle, user manual, and even a travel bag. And, no need to worry about the weather as this bicycle speaker is fully waterproof and dust-proof.
The manufacturers of this bicycle speaker thought of everything when they made it. It even features a full set of controls built on the device for safe use while riding. You can adjust the speaker volume, and the LED lighting at the touch of a finger.
Buyers of the SEASUM Bluetooth bicycle speaker may have paid a little more than others but they are enjoying all the amazing features and control options that come along with it.